VMware Cloud Community
windham
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Load balancing external PSC's with a Barracuda 340

Hello,

We are planning on standing up a new 6.0 environment with VCSA and two external PSC's - one for each of our two sites.  We would like to load balance these, but reading the KB article, VMWare only supports F5 and Netscaler.  Although not supported, is it possible to use a Barracuda load balancer to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to Barracuda Networks they are only supporting VMware Horizon environments, so if anything happens you will get a hard time getting support from both VMware and Barracuda.

But still, i have seen HAProxy installations with PSCs and they are working just fine, so trial and error and see what happens Smiley Happy

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi ,

Please find compatibility matrix  , you can use NSX also . 

vCenter Single Sign-On and Platform Services Controller High Availability Compatibility Matrix (2112...

VMware offciially not support this but you can try this , but any issue came vmware won't support you have manage .

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
windham
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That doesn't answer my question - I've already looked at that.  Although it's technically "not supported" will it work?  My company is not about to drop our current solution and pay big money for the "supported" versions.

0 Kudos
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't see why it wouldn't technically work. Having a quick look through the KB for the F5, it is just setting up the nodes and relevant pools for the ports, and some additional settings for the SSL certificate and persistence. I suspect the Barracuda can do all of these as well. Make sure to set up a test environment first and kill the nodes a few times to ensure connectivity from VC is acting as expected.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi ,

We have to configure and check that is only way  or some one who had tested with same has to confirm .

You may create test setup and check this first before moving to production .

If i get  any information will updated on this .

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to Barracuda Networks they are only supporting VMware Horizon environments, so if anything happens you will get a hard time getting support from both VMware and Barracuda.

But still, i have seen HAProxy installations with PSCs and they are working just fine, so trial and error and see what happens Smiley Happy

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct
0 Kudos