fran7802
Contributor
Contributor

License expiring soon - ESXi 4.1

Hi all,

ive downloaded and deployed the free version of ESXI 4.1 - now im getting this message popup all the time -

ESXi.jpg

Ive logged in online but cant seems to find the key that was given when i downloaded esxi....

Any help on this silly isssue -

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to register your free version and you will receive a license that needs to be applied to you ESXi host -  more information can be found here - https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php?p=free-esxi&lp=1

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
fran7802
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply - excuse my knowledge - could you give me steps on how to do this please!

Cheers

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If you follow the link provided and login with communities user name and password - you will be taken to the down load where you will be provided a license key

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
fran7802
Contributor
Contributor

Great Thanx - done! Simple enough!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Don't forget that once you apply this key you lose all but the bare licensing features (4 way SMP and 256GB max ram per VM). Smiley Happy

(This is in case you had some advanced features in use, like vCenter)

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators