VMware Cloud Community
Txato
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Launch virtual machine console only

I have recently installed ESXi on a host and created several virtual machines. I access the consoles for those machines using vSphere Client.

My question is: Is there a way to launch just the VMs consoles without executing or viewing all the options for the application vSphere Client?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out the vmClient 4.0.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nikhil_Patwa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

Are your VMs in the same LAN, if yes then you can even connect remotely to your VMs without requiring you to connect using the vSphere Client. Just enable remote connection in all your VMs.

Nikhil

0 Kudos
Txato
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick reply Nikhil.

Actually each VM is in a different VLAN and in some cases there is no access to them via TCP/IP. This is because we are building some network labs and need the VMs without network configuration.

To access their console we need to access through the ESXi server (Sphere Client). Once we are in the client application we launch the console and that is it.

What we want is to be able to access those consoles without showing all the options the client shows (summary, resource allocation, performance, ...).

Thanks again for all your help.

0 Kudos
Nikhil_Patwa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

What you can do is create one VPN server that is connected to the LAN. This VPN server should then have NIC for each separate network thereby allowing you to communicate with all your different VMs. All you will need then is to establish a VPN connection from your computer to connect remotely to your VMs. We use this method to connect to our test environments that are not connected to the LAN.

Hope this information is useful

Nikhil

0 Kudos
Deepeer
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out the vmClient 4.0.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Txato
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you vmroyale. VMClient was exactly what I needed.

Best regards.

0 Kudos