VMware Cloud Community
rakitha
Contributor
Contributor

Keep active desktop session when running a test in Microsoft Coded UI Test

Hi all,

First of all i don't know whether i'm postig this question in the right place, if not please guide me.

Coded UI Test is an automated testing tool which provides by the Microsoft with it's new release of Visual Studioo, 2010. I'm running some automated tests created on a virtual machine which was implemented using VM ware. And this Virtual machine is running windows Server 2003 in that.

When i'm running a test i log into the virtual machine through RDC and start a test. Problem is after that i could not logout or even minimize the remote desktop session as there must be a active desktop session in between two machines during the test is running.So if a particular test runs 1 hour i have to keep the session as it started until it finished.I learned from Microsoft forums that if Hyper thread technology is used this could be done by VmConnect software,so that will keep the active session and user can minimize the session atleast.

But i dont know is there any tool is available from VmWare to make this happen ?

Please let me know if my question is not clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Which VMware product are you using please, so I can move this to an appropriate forum?

0 Kudos
rakitha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We are using VMware ESXI - 4.1

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
alefestaedist
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

not sure if with RDC you mean the remote desktop or the console in vpshere client,I suppose that you have to logon directly on the VM through the vsphere client so you will have a standard admin connection that stay active as long as the console remain open.

Another way is to logon through the remote desktop with the /admin option and set the remote desktop policies to not drop out the connection if it is idle.

Alex

admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved your question to the ESXi 4 forum, so that you get a larger audience. Thank you for using VMware Community Forums!

0 Kudos