VMware Cloud Community
shepardap
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with VMware Tools and Windows Guest

I recently upgraded from ESXi 4.0U1=>4.1. When I upgraded the Windows guest VMware tools to the latest version I found that I cannot used the task bars when the guest is expanded to full screen (Ctrl-Alt-Enter). Also, when expanded, I observe the task bar of the host upon which the vSphere client is running shows up. When I attempt the same actions with the guest in a window I have no problems. This has occurred on both Win 2003R2x64 and Win2008x32 guests. Anyone else seeing this? Or am I the only "lucky" one?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Medium
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

your not alone about that problem shepardap, I got the same issue as you.

I got a few windows server 2008 r2 x64 and win2k3 just like you

Hope someone can get us some tips to fix it or its a bug in the new ESXI 4.1?.

Best Regards

Medium

0 Kudos
shepardap
Contributor
Contributor

This is clearly an issue with ESXi 4.1. I ran the 4.1 again from the installable using the repair option; no luck. I tested it with the older version of VMware tools; still no joy. In desparation I finally ran the 4.0 installable using the repair mode and everything is back to normal using either version of the VMware tools. Of course, in all cases I was required to reinstall my license, customizations, etc.

I'm beginning to think that VMware is using the Microsoft model of testing new releases and letting the customers do the beta testing for them! Only they have no provision for feedback from the freeware customer base.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Qas
Contributor
Contributor

Did any one find a solution to this problem, its really fustrating and annoying that we can not use taskbar on full screen

0 Kudos
Qas
Contributor
Contributor

Why this quetsion is marked as ANSWERED? when its not

0 Kudos