VMware Cloud Community
usarkar
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with USB mapping

Hi,

I have converted a windows 2000 server physical to virtual. Convertion is successful and able to run. But unable to map USB dongle which was in physical server as some application is running from the dongle.Could you please help me to map the usb dongle.

Udayan Sarkar

239 280 4258 (Direct)

14694380637 (M)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

ESXi wouldn't map it through as a USB drive to your guest machine as it would on Workstation but it would show up as an available datastore. Check through the vSphere client to see if it's been detected.

0 Kudos
usarkar
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked with Vspehe client, but no luck. Actually a USB Dongle which contains license file to run a application. Virtualization is done, but unable to map the dongle. Any help.

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

This is pretty much your only choice/option... Or something like this...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

0 Kudos
usarkar
Contributor
Contributor

It will help, but my server is in right now production. Let me do the same on weekend.

0 Kudos
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

if you want to connect a usb device to a esx(i) 4 virtual machine i would recommend you to check this post to know the possibilities.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards/Saludos,

Pablo

Please consider awarding any helpful or corrrect answer. Thanks!! - Por favor considera premiar cualquier respuesta útil o correcta. ¡¡Muchas gracias!!

Virtually noob blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos