I am trying to install some ESXi 5.1 servers, and adding them to a VCenter Server 5.1, but I am having some issues doing so.
These are the steps I followed:
- I installed from scratch an ESXi 5.1 host.
- I connected through the VSphere client and created a VM with Windows 2008 Server 64 bits
- On that VM, I installed the VCenter Server 5.1 (and added my license)
- I connected to the VCenter Server 5.1 using the VSphere client and:
- Created a Data Center
- Tried to add the ESXi 5.1 host:
-The username and password were validated.
- For now, I didn't add a license, I left it to Evaluation mode
- When I click to finally add the host, it times out and I get a message: "a general system error occurred timed waiting for vpxa to start"
I have searched through the KB, but everything I have found is not applicable:
- I am using VCenter server 5.1 to add ESXi 5.1
- There are no snapshots at all in this host.
Any suggestions to continue my investigation would be much appreciated.
Try access your host via ssh and run services.sh restart. if not solve, check this kb http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203193...
Welcome to the Community,