VMware Cloud Community
Stream2back
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue IBM x3850 M2 and External Clock Speed

Hi everyone. I have an issue with my four x3850 M2. All of them has the same issue. If i look at Hardware Status in the Vsphere Client and expand Node 1 CPU 1 it states that the External Clock Speed (Bus speed i presume) is only 133 Mhz.

This  issue has been there for a while, but i'm not sure how long. The information is reflected in bad performance on the servers. The issue is there on ESXi 4 and 5.

Attached is screenshots from 4 different models of IBM servers I have and as you can see, the x3850 M2 is the only one showing this behavior.

Now i'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or an Vmware issue, but it seems to run faster with Windows installed, but not that much so that i'm sure it's Vmware's fault.

I have checked a lot of things and tried to fix this problem for about 6 months now, but no solution yet.

I have installed the newest updates i Windows, Vmware ESXi 4 and 5 during testing and have also updated to the latest firmware for all hardware  components and also the newest BIOS for the Motherboard.

The server contains 2x Qlogic 8GB Fiberchannel cards and 2x Dual Intel Server Network cards.

There is 128 GB of ram installed (All four memory card filled with 4 GB sticks) and all four (Quad Core) CPU's are installed.

Thanks for your help in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
0 Replies