VMware Cloud Community
WarrenB20111014
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there an embedded version of ESXI

I am not sure embedded in the right word, but I am looking for a way to deploy my application server that runs on Linux on to a Windows box. It would be some sort of striped down version of say ESXi where I would have my preinstalled Linux VM on it with my application running in it. The end user would get an executible on their Windows machine that would start ESXi and then start my Application's VM and give the VM a seperate IP. There would be no need for any GUI. This would completely isolate my application enviroment from the users Window machine and give me a very clean way of installing my app.

Is there such a thing ?

Thanks,

Warren

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't think ESXi is what you can use for this. ESXi is a bare metal Hypervisor, directly installed on the hardware. What you may want to look at is e.g VMware Player to distribute your virtual machine.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't think ESXi is what you can use for this. ESXi is a bare metal Hypervisor, directly installed on the hardware. What you may want to look at is e.g VMware Player to distribute your virtual machine.

André

0 Kudos
WarrenB20111014
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Player combined with a virtual appliance is what I am looking for. Thanks

0 Kudos