VMware Cloud Community
kendzi87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there a way to restore network settings using console?

Hi I am trying to find a way to reset network settings (F2->Network Restore Options -> Restore Network Settings) using command line.

IPv4 configuration is set to use dynamic IPv4 adresses and network configuration (dns and hostname are also obtain automatically). Is it possible to do it? 

I need this because we have esxi in clonezilla and after restore on different device I would like to reset those settings automatically.

Am I correct to assume that when i add those commands to rc.local there will be execute after esxi boot?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kendzi87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally I found solution to my problem.

In vmk0 management network MAC address is not updated when NIC card is replaced or vmkernel has duplica... there is command that allows to manually configure the MAC address on the ESXi host which was the main problem.

After clonezilla restoration MAC address was not change and platform gets IP address based on obsolete MAC.  This fragment helped:

"esxcfg-advcfg -s 1 /Net/FollowHardwareMac"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kendzi87
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally I found solution to my problem.

In vmk0 management network MAC address is not updated when NIC card is replaced or vmkernel has duplica... there is command that allows to manually configure the MAC address on the ESXi host which was the main problem.

After clonezilla restoration MAC address was not change and platform gets IP address based on obsolete MAC.  This fragment helped:

"esxcfg-advcfg -s 1 /Net/FollowHardwareMac"

0 Kudos