VMware Cloud Community
adan92
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is possible use to same static ip address in vm machine and esxi?

I'm new to vmware ESXi 6.5.0, I've installed ESXi on Server ProLianML and configured with static ip address for access from everywhere. I wish created in the same server two virtual machine with linux operation system for every machine. My question is if is posible configure my two virtual machines with the same static ip address which use ESXi.

I tried install Ubuntu Server and Fedora Server in virtual machine but when I've set configuration for static ip address, it automatically freeze the server until I reboot the server.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RJB3ST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I'll keep it short and say no, you never want to use the same static IP address for anything as then you're gonna get IP conflicts (certainly when ESXi and 2 VMs share the same IP)

Even more so when you try and input anything into DNS as all 3 have the same IP, so just no, don't use the same static IP addresses!!

Kind Regards,

RJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJB3ST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I'll keep it short and say no, you never want to use the same static IP address for anything as then you're gonna get IP conflicts (certainly when ESXi and 2 VMs share the same IP)

Even more so when you try and input anything into DNS as all 3 have the same IP, so just no, don't use the same static IP addresses!!

Kind Regards,

RJ

0 Kudos
adan92
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you for your answer, you're right about that.

0 Kudos