VMware Cloud Community
StephenMoll
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is it possible to download older/previous versions of custom ESXi installers?

When I look at the Custom ISOs tab for vSphere downloads, I can of course switch between vSphere versions, (7.0, 6.7, etc), and within the list of available custom ISOs for ESXi install, there will be separate entries for Update release, e.g. 6.7, 6.7u1, 6.7u2, etc. However within these there would also have been different versions, e.g for Dell there has been 6.7u2-A00, 6.7u2-A01, 6.7u2-A02 and 6.7u2-A03. It looks to me that it is only possible to download the latest one for each update, i.e. 6.7u2-A03 can be downloaded, but not A02 or earlier. Is this right, or is there a way to view the history of these downloads and obtain older ones if needed? 

In the case of DellEMC it used to be possible to get older ones from their own download site, but in the last few months they have stopped doing this. They now redirect all versions (even historical ones) to VMware's downloads, which means that looking for 6.7u2-A02 redirects to the A03 image at VMware.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you go to the Dell support site and choose ESXi as the OS you should see the ISO. But if you expand the line there is an "Older versions" link...

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you go to the Dell support site and choose ESXi as the OS you should see the ISO. But if you expand the line there is an "Older versions" link...

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
StephenMoll
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ah, your reply spurred me to revisit Dell's downloads again, and it is gratifying to see that they have returned to hosting all the downloads, again. I hadn't realised they had changed it back. I am now a bit bemused as to why our OEM account manager didn't (or hasn't yet) informed us about this, as I kicked up a bit of a stink about it.

It is now moot whether or not it is possible to get older version via VMware downloads.

I should have re-checked before posting I guess! 🤔

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HeavyB93
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What about previous versions not related to a manufacturer / OEM?  What if I need 7.0U2c hypervisor install ISO?  Is there a way to download previous versions of the hypervisor from the VMWare site?  Thanks.

0 Kudos