VMware Cloud Community
jschweg
Contributor
Contributor

Integration Plug-in Broken / All Browsers

So I finally managed to detach myself from the classic vSphere client last month, however this morning my integration plug-in seems to be broken in all browsers via the web client.

IE11, and Chrome 45 will both not recognize the fact that the Integration Plug-in is installed. Tried rebooting, removing/re-installing plug-in, browsers report that the plug-in is not installed.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I'm running vSphere 6, so the NAPI nonsense shouldn't apply here, just not sure how to get it working again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jschweg
Contributor
Contributor

Something is certainly broken. I tried to install the client integration plug-in on another machine and I have exactly the same behavior, broken in all browsers.Nothing has changed since last week, other than maybe an automatic update of Flash. This makes no sense.

0 Kudos
StuDuncan
Contributor
Contributor

Chrome 45 has stopped using NPAPI style plugins, as they announced in 2014.  VMware's web client still uses NPAPI plugins. 

As far as I'm aware, we have to wait for VMware to release a PPAPI type plugin.  But as far as I can tell, they haven't even said that they would.

And I also can't see where you can download older versions of Chrome to use until such time as we are graced with that information.

0 Kudos