VMware Cloud Community
sfhsfredj
Contributor
Contributor

Installing W2003 R2 x64 with on Sphere 4.1 - need SAS driver

My server is a Dell R510 with a PERC H200 controller, what is the right SCSI driver for Windows 2003 R2 x64?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sfhsfredj
Contributor
Contributor

I found this on the VMware Compatibility Guide

Model: Dell PERC H200 VID: 1000

Device Type: SAS/SATA-RAID DID: 0072

Partner Name: DELL SVID: 1028

Firmware Version: N/A SSID: 1F21

Number of Ports: 0

ESX / ESXi 4.1 U1    mpt2sas version 04.255.03.00.1-6vmw     inbox

ESX / ESXi 4.1             mpt2sas version 04.255.03.00.1-5vmw          inbox
Where can I get this file!   If it's in the guide it has to exist somewhere.  checked downloads, googled it.
0 Kudos
Villag3Idiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to find the driver for the  PERC H200 to install on Server 2003 R2 x64 right?

You can find the download here from the Dell support site...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&deviceid=20734&libid=46...

Where the compatibility guide states this...

ESX / ESXi 4.1 U1    mpt2sas version 04.255.03.00.1-6vmw     inbox

ESX / ESXi 4.1             mpt2sas version 04.255.03.00.1-5vmw          inbox
Where can I get this file!   If it's in the guide it has to exist somewhere.  checked downloads, googled it.

... it is telling you the driver that is embedded within the ESX/ESXi operating system that will be used for interaction with that RAID controller, should you install ESX/ESXi on that server. Not the driver that needs to be installed in Windows...

0 Kudos
sfhsfredj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I realized that after posting my question, and then I downloaded the same Dell driver you posted, hit F6 during boot of Windows install, select S for addtional drivers and loaded it via floppy on my client, but to no avail...same issue, any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Villag3Idiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When choosing the F6 option during boot up, does it give you a few different options for drivers? or just the one? Sometimes it can be a little tricky finding the correct driver in the package that you download...

0 Kudos
Villag3Idiot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This might prove to be more helpful...

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R261377&formatc...

Installation instructions from the Dell site, just click and expand the "Installation Instructions" section at the bottom...

0 Kudos