VMware Cloud Community
steonet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installation Vmware 4.0 U3

Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau dans la virtualisation et je suis entrain d'installer mon tout premier serveur virtuel dans ma boîte.

Mon serveur est un DELL R710 avec 3T° de Disk, 32 Gb de RAM et de processeur quadri coeur

Après avoir activé le PAC j'ai obtenue la clé de license et j'ai procédé au téléchargement de VMware 4.0 U3

Lors de l'installation avec dell OPen manage, il me propose bien la version VMware 4.0 U3 dans la liste des soft pouvant être déployés.

Mais quand je sélectionne VMware 4.0 U3, après le chargement des pilotes dell, il ne parvient pas à identifier le CD contenant le fichier ISO de VMware 4.0 U3.

Après vérification, j'ai constaté que mon iso n'était pas bootable. j'ai essayé de fait une compile bootable sans succès et pouratnt j'ai bien reussit avec la version VMware 4.0  qui n'est pas prit en charge par ma version de dell open manage.

S'il vous plait quelqu'un pourrait m'indiquer comment créer un DVD bootable à partir de la VMware 4.0 U3?

ou alors comment vais je m'y prendre

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Mmmmm.....

try to download again the .iso of ESX

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esxi40u3/ZHcqYnR3dGViZGgqag==

I´ll waiting your info.    

Javier Galvez

Customer Success Compute and Cloud

Joined the VMTN Community in Dic, 2004

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Please, this is a Global forum.

Write in English

Javier Galvez

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
steonet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I am new comer in virtualization environnement and  I try to install mys fisrt server with VMware 4.0 U3

My server is a DELL R710 with 3T Disk, 32 GB of RAM and quad-core processor

After activating the CAP I got  the license key and I proceeded to download VMware 4.0 U3

When installing Dell OpenManage,  it offers me well version 4.0 U3 VMware in the list of software that can be  deployed.

But when I select VMware 4.0 U3,  after loading the dell drivers, it fails to identify the CD containing the ISO  file to VMware 4.0 U3.

After checking, I found that my  iso is not bootable. I tried to compile a bootable CD unsuccessful

Please someone could help me how  to create a bootable DVD from the VMware 4.0 U3?

or else how will I go to proceed.
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Mmmmm.....

try to download again the .iso of ESX

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esxi40u3/ZHcqYnR3dGViZGgqag==

I´ll waiting your info.    

Javier Galvez

0 Kudos
steonet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I try download that version and burn the iso file witch is bootable.

But the server not recognize it as Vmware 4.0 U3.

I think i needs a full DVD wicth containing Vmware 4.0 plus U3 not only Vmware 4.0 U3 pack.

PLease could you have some idear?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi steonet

Exactly..you must download the iso with the update 3.

If doesn´t work, try to download the ESX4.0, install it and after that apply the Update 3.

Good luck

Javier Galvez

steonet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks

I proceed as you advice  and it works.

At the moment à have only the console connection and  i want to install Viclient or Vcenter to manage the server.

I m able to download Viclient from the server newly install but i don't know where to install Viclient ou Vcenter.

How am i going to do?

To install it on another server or on the same server? that question is only beacause i do not have a graphic mode on the server.

Please help again

thanks

0 Kudos
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You must download from vmware website and install it in a virtual machine with W2003/2008.

Javier Galvez

steonet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thks a lot.

0 Kudos