VMware Cloud Community
Recho
Contributor
Contributor

Install VMware ESXi 5.5.0 issue on HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8

Hello

Are there any experts who have experience on installing ESXi 5.5.0 on HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server?

We got the stuck at loading lsi_mr3.v00, the installation process cannot be continue...

We are using the bootable USB to install it. seems not the USB issue as we've tried several USBs and got the same issue.

We have also applied the HP_Service_Pack_for_Proliant_2013.09.0-0_744345-001_spp_2013.09.0-SPP2013090.2013_0830.30.iso to update the server fireware but still failed as before.

We are using both the VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-1331820-HP-5.71.3-Sep2013.iso and VMware-EXSIVMvisor-Installer-5.5.0-1331820.x86_64.iso to make the bootable USB, both have the same issue

Could you please help us with that?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks

Recho

27 Replies
gzeng
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Freed0mFigter, just want to 2nd your post (and the result from following your post) the Rufus to create the bootable USB stick works for me as well.

0 Kudos
PulseNZ
Contributor
Contributor

hi folks. Have tested UltraISO and Rufus with "VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0.update01-1623387.x86_64" and "VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-Update1-1623387-HP-5.73.21-Mar2014" on my HP GL360 G5 with HP P800 controller on board. Both ISOs work fine after Rufus and none after UltraISO (error messages and other bugs mentioned earlier).

Notes:

Rufus might complain about old image loader and offers to download/upgrade one, so press "YES" and upgrade it otherwise the ISO won't boot.

ESXi might complain about "The Execute Disable/No Execute CPU feature is not enabled for this machine", so before installation enable that feature in BIOS under CPU options.

Good luck.

kenstout
Contributor
Contributor

This issue still occurs if you try to create the bootable USB media manually, even with the newest HP custom 5.5 image (june 2014).  I'm provisioning a pair of DL380G8s with the 420i controller and ran into it.

Rufus saves the day.  create the USB drive with Rufus and everything works as intended.  Burning CDs doesn't work for systems without that drive.

Great call on suggesting Rufus.  That makes the bootable media much easier to maintain.

0 Kudos
chuenwe
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for recommending using Rufus.  I encountered the same problem with a Dell Precision 490 and using Rufus saved the day!

maninthebox59
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

Same issue here, with LILO... Other programs such as unetbootin doesn't work either (no boot at all !)

But yeah, fortunately, I've just tested Rufus, and it does perfectly the job !

Thanks !

0 Kudos
volkovalex
Contributor
Contributor

This sollution 100% work for me. Thank you!

Original vmware iso file "VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0.update01-1623387.x86_64"

IBM System X 3650

0 Kudos
avalonzst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Installation from iLO using the img file works fine for me.

0 Kudos
KingCong
Contributor
Contributor

We were getting false positive bad memory errors on 2 of our ESXi 5.5 blades.  HP Support suggested updating the vibs with this file hp-esxi5.5uX-bundle-2.4-16.zip.  After running the install and rebooting we haven't had any additional reported memory errors, but today when I rebooted the same host it is now stuck on the same "loading module ipmi_si_drv ..." screen that most of the other admins are seeing.

So I figured I would try to upgrade to the latest and greatest HP Branded ESXi 5.5 version.  During the upgrade, guess what??, yup, I'm stuck on the loading module ipmi_si_drv ... screen.

I wonder why this didn't happen during the reboot after we patched the vibs?

Any suggestions?  What functionality do I lose if I uninstall/delete the ipmi_si_drv module?

HP_Proliant_BL460c_Stuck_Loading_module_ipmi_si_drv.png

****UPDATE*****

Since this is a Blade and the error seems to be iLo related I decided to shudown and pull the blade from the chassis.  I waited 30 seconds and pushed it back in.  No error on boot???  I also rebooted again to see if I would get the error.  It rebooted FINE..

MAGIC!

****UPDATE*****

0 Kudos