VMware Cloud Community
JackDoesntKnow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Install VMware ESXI 5.1 : PSOD with no errors reported

Hey everybody,

we are trying to install VMware on a server wich seems to full-fill all the hardware requirements.

We tried it from both a CD and a USB key ( which both succeeded to install VMware on an other server )

and we encountered that problem:

A few seconds after we booted from the USB key or the CD we get a simple purple colored screen

with absolutly no messages and no errors reported. Then if we wait longer we get a black screen with some

green squares randomly disposed all over the screen.

If somebody that had the same problem could help us out or if anyone has any idea on how

to get some kind of error reports from there it would be very apreciated!

Thx for your time and consideration buddies.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IIIusion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please advise what is the hardware. Also please download and apply the latest available firmware for this hardware from manufacturer's web site. I had exactly same issue with my HP DL360 Gen7 and I've applied the latest HP Proliant Pack which resolved the PSOD for me. 

Don't forget to mark your topic resolved if you got right answer. Thank you! Regards Ray

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IIIusion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please advise what is the hardware. Also please download and apply the latest available firmware for this hardware from manufacturer's web site. I had exactly same issue with my HP DL360 Gen7 and I've applied the latest HP Proliant Pack which resolved the PSOD for me. 

Don't forget to mark your topic resolved if you got right answer. Thank you! Regards Ray
0 Kudos
JackDoesntKnow
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem fixed doing exactly that, thank you very much!

0 Kudos