VMware Cloud Community
nightowlkr
Contributor
Contributor

Install Problem - ESXi 5.5.0 1331820 through Intel AMT

I am using AMT through VNCViewer Plus 1.2.6 r113854

So, i had installed ESXi 5.0 & 5.1 through VNCViewer Plus.

but, installing ESXi 5.5.0 build 1331820 using  Intel AMT, i saw this purple screen(please see the  screenshot below)

also, i find someone's purple screen, it seems to be an error when installing ESXi 5.5.0 through VNCViewer Plus.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040267598&postcount=60

Can somebody help me with that ?

Many thanks for any response.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

AS per link posted by you, are you able to proceed the installation with vt-d disable??

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
nightowlkr
Contributor
Contributor

I want to using VT-d. and the previous version was installed same bios setting.

Furthermore, to proceed the installation with VT-d disable, I saw this similar purple screen.

so, I think that the error have nothing to VT-d.

0 Kudos
lceman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I run into the same problem, when I wanted to update my ESXi 5.1 to 5.5.

After a lot of tests I can say that the problem is not VT-d, you can leave it enabled. The purple screen only appears, if you have an active AMT connection during startup/installation!

It´s enough to close this connection until ESXi is running, for installation of course you should install it without using AMT and connect a physical monitor and keyboard.

This purple screen problem only occurs with ESXi 5.5 while starting, but in 5.1 I found some messages like "no space left on drive" in the events after 5.1 was running and I used the AMT connetion during this startup process.

For me it looks like the AMT connection uses some memory that ESXi want to allocate.

This happend with a Supermicro X9SAE mainboard with AMT 8.0, my old Intel DQ67SW with AMT 7.0 shows no errors like "no space left on drive".

Maybe this helps someone..

nightowlkr
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your response.

i happend with a BCM Advanced Research BC77Q mainboard with AMT 8.0.

it's seems to fit your expected.

0 Kudos
lceman
Contributor
Contributor

Just see a few minutes ago that an AMT connection to the running ESXi 5.5 system also generate a purple screen.

So at the moment it make no sense to use AMT with 5.5. Smiley Sad

Would be nice if VMWare can fix this..

0 Kudos
RohitVCP7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I have created ESXi 5.5 bootable USB, but now it stuck on Intializing ACPI.... .

I have Intel DQ67SW m/b with BIOS version SWQ6710H.86A. 0052.2011.0520.1802

0 Kudos