VMware Cloud Community
Guv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Install Dell agents on several esxi4.1 servers.

We have many esxi4.1 servers, and they are all running on Dell hardware.  I want to install the Dell OMSA agents on all them so that we could do all the dell hardware status and work.

Whats the best way to do install this.  You can probably enable remote CLI, and then putty to server and install from there.

Also we have about 15 sites, and each site has 2 esxi4.1 servers.  So in our VC, we have setup 15 datacentres, which has one cluster setup with the 2 esxi4.1 servers.   My question is that is there a quick way to install the agents on all these servers, instead of one by one, or what would be the quickest way to do the install on all these esx servers.

Any ideas, or steps, on how I can approach this

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Do you have VMware Update Manager implemented?  You can just import the VIB for OpenManage and deploy it from there (link of offline bundle below):

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?driverId=R300511

If not, you can use either vMA or vSphere CLI and run vihostupdate against each of the hosts following the procedure included in the link above.  It is still manual, but you at least wouldn't have to SSH to each of the hosts individually.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos