VMware Cloud Community
victorarok
Contributor
Contributor

ISCSI disk issue

Hi ,

I have problem ,iam useing ESX 4.1 and equallogic storage.When i rescan on storage adapters i can see ISCSI mapped to equalogic disk.

But when i try to add this disk in add storage -->lun iam not able see this iscsi disk.Please help us in resolveing this issue

2078601.png

Thanks

Victor

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kooltechies
Expert
Expert

This may be because there may be a VMFS volume already created on this disk. Or this disk is already used as RDM.

Blog : http://thinkingloudoncloud.com || Twitter : @kooltechies || P.S : If you think that the answer is correct/helpful please consider rewarding points.
0 Kudos
victorarok
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for responce.

No it is new disk and not attached to any server .I also deleted and recreated on the storage.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Victor

0 Kudos
ngarjuna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To reinitialize the iSCSI configuration:
  1. Log in to the ESX/ESXi host as the root user.
  2. Run this command to disable the Software iSCSI initiator:

# esxcfg-swiscsi -d

3. In the ESX/ESXi host, rename all files in the /etc/vmware/vmkiscsid folder . This folder has these files:

• initiatorname.iscsi
    • iscsid.conf
    • vmkiscsid.db
    To rename the files, run these commands:

# mv initiatorname.iscsi initiatorname.iscsi.old
    # mv iscsid.conf iscsid.conf.old
    # mv vmkiscsid.db vmkiscsid.db.old

Additional files, such as vmkiscsid.db-journal, if present, must also be renamed.

4. Reboot the ESX/ESXi host.
  5. After rebooting the host, run this command to re-enable the Software iSCSI initiator:

# esxcfg-swiscsi -e

Note: A new software iSCSI initiator ID is generated. This IQN needs to be added to the SAN.

6. Run this command to scan for disks that are available through the Software iSCSI interface:

# esxcfg-swiscsi -s
0 Kudos
victorarok
Contributor
Contributor

No sir it is not working .In var/log/messages it shows below

Jul 17 16:29:59 esxser1 /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-hostd[3246]: Accepted password for user root from 127.0.0.1
Jul 17 16:30:04 esxser1 /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-hostd[3246]: Accepted password for user vpxuser from 127.0.0.1
Jul 17 16:30:16 esxser1 last message repeated 2 times
Jul 17 16:37:01 esxser1 /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-hostd[3246]: Rejected password for user root from 10.208.59.31
Jul 17 16:40:00 esxser1 /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-hostd[3246]: Accepted password for user root from 10.200.62.83
Jul 17 16:40:43 esxser1 kernel: [  901.592079] scsi6 : iscsi_vmk

0 Kudos
kooltechies
Expert
Expert

Are there any CHAP set?

Blog : http://thinkingloudoncloud.com || Twitter : @kooltechies || P.S : If you think that the answer is correct/helpful please consider rewarding points.
0 Kudos
victorarok
Contributor
Contributor

yes it was enabled.But disabled and rescanned still not working.

0 Kudos
ngarjuna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the port no and enable the software iscsi port.... in case not working in iscsi. to check the all cable connections

0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

victorarok wrote:

yes it was enabled.But disabled and rescanned still not working.

Since you're messing with CHAP reboot the host and then check your logs if it doesn't come back.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos