VMware Cloud Community
ch00sen1
Contributor
Contributor

I need to move a iSCSI volume

I need to move a iSCSI volume that is currently attached to a stand alone windows box to a virtual windows box?  Can this be done without formatting? When I attach a new volume I get a format warning and I can't loos the data.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - You can - you will need to present the LUN to a virtual machine as an RDM -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
ch00sen1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you on both parts.  I've been away from VMware for about 6 years now I'm back into it.  I'll probably have a bunch of stupid questions as I get re-acquainted with the new features and options. .

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

No worries that is what makes the VMTN great!

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ch00sen1
Contributor
Contributor

HELP again,
so I tried to attach the drive directly to the VM.  It asked me If I wanted to store it with the VM, I said yes and now I've lost all contact with the VM (There was a space issue that I have corrected on the SAN).  I can't stop, start or even delete it.

0 Kudos