VMware Cloud Community
Das2017
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just created a new virtual machine and attached to an existing disk. Every time I power on the VM, I get a blue screen. What could the problem be?

I just created a new virtual machine and attached to an existing disk. Every time I power on the VM, I get a blue screen. What could the problem be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NitinBaliyan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It could be the insufficient or unmatched configuration of a new virtual machine against to existing disk configuration files. The reason is existing disk configuration might be different than the new virtual machine. Compare the settings like as “Storage controller, hardware properties etc.”, make the changes accordingly and try powering it on the machine.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NitinBaliyan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It could be the insufficient or unmatched configuration of a new virtual machine against to existing disk configuration files. The reason is existing disk configuration might be different than the new virtual machine. Compare the settings like as “Storage controller, hardware properties etc.”, make the changes accordingly and try powering it on the machine.