VMware Cloud Community
evenots
Contributor
Contributor

I created a vps for vcenter on the same esxi host that I added, but now vcenter is offline and I lost external access to the esxi.

Hello

It's amazing what I did, see ... I created a virtual machine on this dedicated server vmware esxi, and on that machine  and in it I installed the correct vcenter ... so I added that same server as a host, the problem is that I got lost in the configuration and I ended up removing the external access permission, that is, it turned out that this machine is offline and the one that hosts vcenter, it turned out that now I can not connect this machine because I lost the external root access to the esxi that hosts this machine so that I can edit that permission.

In any case, I would only need either external or internal access again to turn on this machine or some other way to remove this external access restriction.

Could you help me with what to do now? I am desperate since I totally lost access to this server.

In summary, when I try to access the esxi via vsphere or browser says that I am not allowed to access even being root because I incorrectly chose the option to leave access only through vcenter, the problem is that the virtual machine that hosts vcenter is turned off inside that esxi in which I totally lost access, even other machines on it are online normally, or I'll figure out a way to connect this machine that hosts vcenter or I'll arrange a way to remove that access restriction without being vcenter.

THank you for help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies