VMware Cloud Community
Roger73
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot login to VCenter 4.1

Hello,

I have VMWARE vSPHERE ESX 4.1 with two host (A and B). I manage them through VCENTER 4.1 installed  on server C. Recently, When I try to connect using the VMWARE vSphere Client, I receive a notify to update my client. If I select run installer, the system report and error: "The required support files cannot be retrieved from the server "<IP>". The login process will now exit. Details:The server could not interpret the client's request. (Remote server error: 404 not found)".

If I use the Vsphere Client and I connect to A and B works. I can connect to VCENTER on C by using WEB (but with less features). I am not sure if I have to reinstall VCENTER and how afect to my two host.

any ideas?

thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Roger

Seems like there is a version mismatch between your client and the vCenter server.

Try re-installing the client using the vCenter CD/ISO

I am not sure if I have to reinstall VCENTER and how afect to my two host.

This will have no effect on your hosts. You will loose customized permissions, performance data.

You can recreate your Datacenters,Clusters with no problems

Please award points by clicking correct/helpful if it is Smiley Happy

Roger73
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, but we don't update anything. My client is the same in serveer C and in my laptop. Any other idea?

thank you

0 Kudos
Roger73
Contributor
Contributor

At the end we fix the problem by reinstaaling vcenter again.

0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

reinstalling vcenter?:smileyshocked:

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
rajeshcloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you checked vcenter server services are runing on your system?

Regards,Rajesh, if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
Roger73
Contributor
Contributor

Of course, it was the first thing I checked. I don't talk about Linux ESX hosts. Just VCENTER to control my host. Nobody answer me and the last option I could try it was reinstall. In that moment, unfortunatelly I had not VMWARE support.

0 Kudos