VMware Cloud Community
cgenoasv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can't see second onboard nic through Esxi 4.0 on IBM X3200 M2

Hi everybody, I can't see second onboard nic through Esx 4.0 on IBM X3200 M2, I've installed and configured a first NIC and third NIC PCI-express Broadcom NetExtreme without any problem. Above Esxi platform I installed two guest Operating Systems, but I need the second onboard nic for vmware management. Now I'm using first onboard nic to do this, but is quite insecure. I can't reinstall ESX because this system is on production.
I've been reading information posted, but I can't figure it out how to do it.

Thanks, Claudio

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I checked compatibility of your hardware with ESXi4.0 and result in not supported. ( Check in HCL )

IBMIBM System x3200 M3Intel i3/i5 Clarkdale Series
ESX
4.1 U14.14.1 U14.1...

IBMIBM System x3200 M3Intel Xeon 34xx Lynnfield Series
ESX
4.1 U14.14.1 U14.1...

Can you post here a model of all adapters of network ?

Thank You

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

I checked compatibility of your hardware with ESXi4.0 and result in not supported. ( Check in HCL )

IBMIBM System x3200 M3Intel i3/i5 Clarkdale Series
ESX
4.1 U14.14.1 U14.1...

IBMIBM System x3200 M3Intel Xeon 34xx Lynnfield Series
ESX
4.1 U14.14.1 U14.1...

Can you post here a model of all adapters of network ?

Thank You

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You might have to install some drivers for them - http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4#drivers_tools.

cgenoasv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mauro. In spite of esxi 4.0 does not support Ibm x3200M2. You suggest install some drivers. Sorry, but I only could find VMware-VMvisor-Installer-ibm-cust-nolicense-4.0.0-208167, does it include drivers?

Thank You, again

0 Kudos