VMware Cloud Community
ridene
Contributor
Contributor

I can't logged to AD VM on ESXI 5.1

hello everybody

I installed ESXi 5.1 on a Sun Fire X4170 server I installed a virtual machine and I named PDC "Primary Domin Controller", I installed the role Active directory, when I finished the installation he asked me to restart the VM (PDC) after restart I type the login and the password for the administrator account AD but it shows me login or password is incorrect against it are just.

Someone help me please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

the first thing that comes in mind is that you are probably using a non-English keyboard layout, and you used characters which are different on your  local keyboard layout and in the English layout!?

André

0 Kudos
ridene
Contributor
Contributor

hello Mr André,

I tried with the password "Sdfghjkl - * / 5" but there is the same problem I can't connect with the AD Administrator account

* Vmware ESXI5.1

* VSphere Client 5.1

* VM Active Directory (AD) windows server 2008R2 ENG

By cons before installing the AD role, I logged on the VM without any problems with the Local Administrator account.

Is it that there is some stuff in vSphere Client for Active Directory that have the VM WORKS ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert

Are you probably mixing accounts here? During installation of the AD role only the "AD recovery admin" password is set. You should be able to log on as the former local Administrator with the password you set before installing AD.

The recovery password is just needed if the server does not boot anymore and you have to restore AD.

So try your local Administrator with its password. This should now be the domain admin.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just to make sure I understand this correctly. Did you promote the Windows server on which you already installed vCenter Server to a DC? Running vCenter Server on a DC is not supported.

André

0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert

vCenter is so far not mentioned. From what I understand he only installed a stand-alone host without vCenter.

0 Kudos