VMware Cloud Community
danisb3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I Can't create local group on vSphere Client 5.5

Hello, Good Morning all !!

I'have vSphere Client 5.5 and i can't create local group in "Local users and groups" tab. When i can create a group show me an error and i can't create it. This is the error that i have :

Call "HostLocalAccountManager.CreateGroup" for object "ha-localacctmgr" on ESXi "IP" failed.

I'm logged at root.

I have seen in other forums that in latest version is impossible to create groups due to only is possible at Web Client that comes integrated with vCenter.

In older versions is possible but when i can login into vSphere Client 5.0 for example, i must update version and i can't use 5.0 version.

How can you help me ?

Thanks and greetings

PD: sorry for my poor english

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scisco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Danisb3,

It appears that Local Users is now the recommended work around (see above link), however as you have mentioned if you have vCenter you can add groups

ESXi 5.1 and later does not support local groups. However, Active Directory groups are supported - is it possible for you to connect to AD?

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scisco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Danisb3,

That ability / functionality has been removed, local groups cannot be created thus not linked to.

Unable to create a local user group on an ESXi 5.1 host (2050764)

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful.
danisb3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Scisco

Then how i can  create groups ? Need vCenter to create it ?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Scisco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Danisb3,

It appears that Local Users is now the recommended work around (see above link), however as you have mentioned if you have vCenter you can add groups

ESXi 5.1 and later does not support local groups. However, Active Directory groups are supported - is it possible for you to connect to AD?

0 Kudos