VMware Cloud Community
vwmagic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to show historic Write/Read Latency on Virtual Disks?

VMware ESXi, 6.0.0

As attached, I am trying to find Read Latency (or Write Latency) via Performance --> Advanced tab. It can show me some other historic metrics but not Read/Write latency. Latency on real-time seems okay, but not historic data. It tells me: No performance data is available for the currently selected metrics

Can you please tell me if I can do that, or explain to me on why?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

You have to inrease the Stats Level (1-4)in the vCenter Settings -> Statistics to collect more metrics for a longer period of time with vcenter. Another solution wil be the use of vRealize Operations Manager(but maybe a little bit pricy).  Do you have VeeamOne around?

Regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Assuming this is from vcenter, since esxi its self doesn't keep historical metrics, you need to increase the statistics level for your long term statistics

Configure Statistics Collection Intervals in the vSphere Web Client

Data Collection Levels

IF you look at the link that mentions what is level tracks what, you need 2 to get the metrics you want, and the default is 1 beyond a day I think. Its suggested to increase these as long as you need to troubleshoot issues as this increases the resources needed for statistics collection, including disk space.

0 Kudos
NRay
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos