VMware Cloud Community
LG2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to purchase vSphere Client?

I only have one ESXi box and the vSphere client is perfectly suitable for me. However, I have called VMWare sales asking how to purchase it but they can't find it in their system. How much does it cost and how do I purchase it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

when you download esx4i free you are sent an email with a license to apply to the server. If you didn't apply that license to the server, it is running in evaluation mode and will expire.

If you didn't get the email, login again and have the system resend the email.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the vSphere Client is free. So, you can use it on more than one system, if that is what you are asking.

As you know, to get the client, just point your favorite web browser to the IP of your ESXi Host

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you are talking about ESXi it depends on what features you have. For example, it will cost more if your licenses is Enterprise vs. Advanced. If you are having issues dealing with the folks at VMWare I would recommend phoning the guys at CDW. They are good people.

0 Kudos
LG2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I could have sworn I saw a pop-up after running VSphere client for the first time saying the software was going to expire in 30 or 60 days. All I really need is the ability to copy and run a VM converted from Workstation to my ESXi 4.0 server.

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

LG2001 check this out: http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/esxi_pricing.html

There is a free version of ESXi if you want it. On average you can count on a license depending on features and your reseller any where from 1.5K to 4K.

LG2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm trying to use ESXi 4.0 (free), but am quite confused as to what features are actually included in the free version. If the VSphere client included on the ESXi server's webpage is at of no cost, then that's totally sufficient to me, but I didn't think it was free due to that expiration pop-up I saw when first running it.

0 Kudos
ChrisJ615
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi free is also known as single server. Check out the chart here: http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/buy/editions_comparison.html

Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

when you download esx4i free you are sent an email with a license to apply to the server. If you didn't apply that license to the server, it is running in evaluation mode and will expire.

If you didn't get the email, login again and have the system resend the email.

0 Kudos
LG2001
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you all for your help!

0 Kudos