VMware Cloud Community
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to install Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Network Controllers drivers on ESX 4.1.0, 800380

Hi All,

Can anybody let me know how to install Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Network Controllers drivers on ESX 4.1.0, 800380?

Specific commands pls let me know, Installing from ILO HP Blade Proliant BL460c G7.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

is the ESX host already installed or do you want to add the driver to the installation image?

When it's already installed you can download the driver iso here: VMware vSphere 4: Private Cloud Computing, Server and Data Center Virtualization

You mount the iso on the server and use the esxupdate command to install the drivers, for example:

esxupdate --bundle=/mnt/cdrom/offline-bundle/driver.zip update

Regards

0 Kudos
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Schepp,

Sorry for marking the Question as answered....infact the drivers did not work after installing them (vmware-esx-drivers-bnx2-bnx2x-cnic-bnx2i.1073189.iso).

The actual cause for this is that we have a new blade of HP Proliant BL460c G7 where we swapped the internal SCSI drive to retain the ESX installed and thus we have new Nics.

6 Nics were supposed to be showed in VC, we see only 4 Nics from the mezzanine card slot intel e1000 1GB Nic. But not seeing the Broadcom Nics.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

have you rebooted the server? Newly installed NICs will only show up after reboot.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes rebooted no luck!!

0 Kudos
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We need drivers for the NIC HP (NC553i FlexFabric 10GbE Network Adapter)

0 Kudos
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We need ESX 4.1 drivers for the NIC (HP NC553i FlexFabric 10GbE Network Adapter)

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Ajaykumar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Scheep,

Thx a lot for the drivers, working now Smiley Happy