VMware Cloud Community
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

How to get the device full name (disk device) using esxtop?

Hi,

I am just looking storage parameters using esxtop - pressing the key "u" for the disk device.

As i am using the iSCSI device (open filer), i couldn't see the full device identifier. Anyone can help me to get that.

I attached the screen shot of esxtop for this..

Device name.jpg

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maishsk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In ESXTOP enter a capital "L" and then enter a number to make the DEVICE field wider. Depending on the length of the device name - you might need up to 40 characters to present the complete name.

Entering the "?" while in ESXTOP will give you the the options you can configure (this information is also there as well).

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
spravtek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

When you type "f" while esxtop is running ... Do you get to choose what fields are toggled? I haven't got an ESXi 4 tot test so ...

maishsk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In ESXTOP enter a capital "L" and then enter a number to make the DEVICE field wider. Depending on the length of the device name - you might need up to 40 characters to present the complete name.

Entering the "?" while in ESXTOP will give you the the options you can configure (this information is also there as well).

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design
0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39
Jump to solution

Thanks. It works like a charm Smiley Happy

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos