VMware Cloud Community
architects
Contributor
Contributor

How to get free VM workloads

Hi,

I have created a small lab environment with 3 ESX hosts. (vSphere 4.0U2) with the following VM's:

4-Windows 2k3

1-Win2k8- Running VC

4- RHEL 5.0

One of the above Windows VM would act as a NBU 7.0 Master and we have a physical IBM 3650 server as media server connected to both LAN and SAN.

I need to POC vStorage API's with NBU 7.0 integration and test functioanlities like backup, restore times, dedup ratios etc.

Each Vmdk is about 50GB in size and need to have some kind of workload for a mixed workload testing.

Is there a place where i can download some workloads for free (looking for simulating web, file, mail may be and other workloads of similar types) or If not then i will deploy eval versions of these workloads inside the vm's for the POC.

Is there a becnhmarking document that someone can point me to for such kind of a POC?

Thanks & Regards.

A

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Check out the Virtual Appliance Marketplace for many mostly pre-configured workloads.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos