VMware Cloud Community
VMNewBie3
Contributor
Contributor

How to configure Network vSwitch and Port Group for 5 Hosts

Hi Team and Friends,

I'm a newbie in VM and Virtual Network here,

Scenario:

We have Server in 5 regions , I plan to create 5 Hosts for each 5 regions and we use NAT to go Internet. 

Questions:

1.How to configure the  Standard vSwitch and Port Group and Network Teaming for this situation?

2.How to create the Network for each VMs for Management , Backup  and Production?

2.Do i have to create 5 vSwitch for each 5 regions like this vSwitch0, vSwitch1, vSwitch2, vSwitch3, vSwitch4?

4.How to configure the NAT for each Host to allow all the VMs in each 5 Host able to access internet?

4.I plan to build WSUS Server VM for our Window Server Farm patches update, but this will require access to internet to obtain the update patches from Microsoft website, how should i configure the NAT here?

Any advice or link is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShoHRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

when you create new hosts, a VSS per host is automatically created for the management network. Once you have built all 25 hosts, add them to the same vCenter if possible under different cluster/datacenters, else multiple vcenters under linked mode. Then deploy NSX manager, create distributed switches, move from VSS to VDS. In NSX you can configure NAT for the Internet.

0 Kudos
VMNewBie3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks ShohRock for helping,

My plan is  1  vCenter =>  1  Datacenter =>  5 Host =>  100++ VMs Server each  (Windows/Linux platform)

What if we don't have NSX Manager? how to configure NAT from Standard vSwitch etc? 

is there any similar configuration to my plan that i can refer too? any link will do.

Appreciate your help thanks.

0 Kudos