VMware Cloud Community
nahum1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to change the sha-1 certificate in my new esxi host

Hi guys....Smiley Happy

since my lab crashed this morning (my computer got a blue screen) and all the vm's in my workstation crashed.

when i got the my computer up and running again, and pressed "play" to start the esxi host, i got some weird error messages.

I decided to install a new esxi5.1 host, and when i finished configuring the esxi host, i noticed that the SHA-1 certificate is not identical to the one i have ( i have the new esxi that i installed, and the older one and the sha-1 are different between the two hosts).

I added the esxi host to the vCENTER, and now i have 2 esxi 5.1 hosts with different sha-1 certificates?

Can i contine to work in this situation?

i built this lab to study for the vcp 5.0 certification.(i also installed the vsphere 5.1 to manage the hosts)

Is there is a way to change the certificate to the other esxi i have?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best regards,

Nahum

Israel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Nahum,

Each host is expected to have a different SSL Cert

If you are looking to implement CA signed certs for only the ESXi hosts, this should help

VMware KB: Configuring CA signed certificates for ESXi 5.x hosts

or

http://www.derekseaman.com/2013/02/vmware-vcenter-51-installation-part-15.html

Derek's blog also has the procedure for replacing all vSphere certs should you want to go down that path

Regards

a

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Nahum,

Each host is expected to have a different SSL Cert

If you are looking to implement CA signed certs for only the ESXi hosts, this should help

VMware KB: Configuring CA signed certificates for ESXi 5.x hosts

or

http://www.derekseaman.com/2013/02/vmware-vcenter-51-installation-part-15.html

Derek's blog also has the procedure for replacing all vSphere certs should you want to go down that path

Regards

a

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
nahum1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great...thank you so much.!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos