VMware Cloud Community
BlueBolt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to buy a simple vSphere Essentials renewal in the UK

Having an incredibly difficult time finding anyone who'll sell me a simple Essentials 1-year renewal (cost <£52).  I'm fed up with chasing the partner list and being told they don't do simple subscriptions

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please call up the UK VMware support number and raise the query. The licensing team will be able to help you.

United Kingdom

English Language Support

0800 032 7597

0207 136 8707

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please call up the UK VMware support number and raise the query. The licensing team will be able to help you.

United Kingdom

English Language Support

0800 032 7597

0207 136 8707

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to contact renewals team for assistance.

Please login to My VMware portal and select contract history under accounts tab and you can get an online quote.

Please follow the instructions mentioned in the link below in order to renew the contract on line.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006982

Please mark my answer as helpful or correct if it helps you.

0 Kudos
BlueBolt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You're completely right about having to contact Renewals once a quote has been generated and received.  There's absolutely no way to renew Essentials online (a massive oversight, imho).  Purchase order is about the only way to do it - presumably i'll see an invoice someday.  Painful in the extreme.  Vmware's own instructions on their quote were inaccurate and the recommended VIPs are beyond useless for small-fry stuff like Essentials - they won't even talk to you.  Finally got my renewal, though, and i hope that the next time it comes around VMware has set up online renewals!

0 Kudos