VMware Cloud Community
Kopp
Contributor
Contributor

How to avoid autologin by using vSphere Client (v5) with -u parameter -> VpxClient.exe -u ?

Hello Community,

I was using vSphere Client to connect two our vCenters version 4.1 and adjusted my start icon like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s vcenter4A -u mydomain\admin66

After clicking on such prepaired icon I was just needed to choose vcenter4A or vcenter4B, type my password and after press on OK button I was successfully logged in.

Since last week we have vCenter version5 in use and after my first connect to vcenter5 my vSphere Client was upgraded with v5 module.

And the behavior of my prepaired icon  "...\VpxClient.exe" -s vcenter4A -u mydomain\admin66 changed dramatically.

If I click on my icon now, the vSphere Client is trying to login immediately... with blank password field (!)... Sure it running in the error message.

My question: Can I prevent vSphere Client (v5) to login automatically by using -u and -s parameters?

Is there any hidden parameters like : VpxClient.exe -s vcenter4A -u mydomain\admin66 -NoAutoLogin   ?

PS: Theoretically I can use -p myPassword, but I don't want to enter it in clear text. It should be encrypted. Possible?

Thx in advance.

JK

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kopp
Contributor
Contributor

no ideas ?

0 Kudos
blahblahblah123
Contributor
Contributor

ran into this too. anyone from vmware watching this?

0 Kudos
MagnetBoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have been using this for more than a year and it works really good!

"VIC Launcher" gadget

check the attach zip!

VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization (vSphere 5)
0 Kudos
blahblahblah123
Contributor
Contributor

this just for vista? am using xp.

0 Kudos
MagnetBoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vista and Windows 7!

I use it in my Windows 7 laptop!

VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization (vSphere 5)
0 Kudos
BennTech
Contributor
Contributor

What's up with this?  Absolutely no response from VMware?  I was hoping they'd fix it in a future vSphere Client, but so far not even an acknowledgement that it's a bug.

This new "feature" is f*ing annoying and needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
HighKing
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here with clien version 4.1.0 (build 491557).

I have used -s <server> -u <user> without -p in the past but since our last update the client tries to autologin, which off-course fails because I didn't provide a password. Very annoying.

0 Kudos