VMware Cloud Community
vaarsn
Contributor
Contributor

How to assign multiple public IPs to multiple VMs

ISP has provided a pool from 16 IPs addresses for my needs. At this point I have a problem with ESXi. I need to properly forward a traffic for each of the VM under ESXi, i.e. assign each VM its own external IP. There is a similar article, which seems resolution of this problem, but it looks very difficult as for such modern and powerful platform like ESXi. Especially if the IP, which is allocated on the same subnet, and gateway (as usual it's ESXi) are in totally different subnets. Please tell me how to customize that in ESXi to perform this with minimal intervention into guest OS network settings as it's implemented in e.g. Hyper-V.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Vaarsn,

How about using PfSense in your environment?

Re: How to Nat a VM on ESXi 5.5

0 Kudos
vaarsn
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Dee006,

I considered such type of network structure, but I thought that ESXi has it's own mechanisms to resolve this issue, like vlans bridging etc. So one and only solution in my case is Pfsense?

0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

May be you can try VLAN Bridge,I think NAT in not possible in vSwitch.Since I don't have access to configure the networking part.my team deployed with Pfsense as a temp fix.If you have cloud suite as discuss post VCNS is an alternate solution.

0 Kudos
vaarsn
Contributor
Contributor

Did you tried with VLAN? Also, can you clarify your sentence "If you have cloud suite as discuss post VCNS is an alternate solution"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

As I said earlier I don't have access to networking part,I didn't tried that.To be clear on the my previous post,the thread which I posted initial they discuss an vCNS as alternate solution.

0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are not satisfied with my solution,you could wait vexperts may give you can different solution.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos