VMware Cloud Community
TedAppleberry
Contributor
Contributor

How to Mount iSCSI Datastore

I am working in an environment which has two identical servers. Both have the ISCI software storage adapter configured. The first server has all of the ISCSI datastores available while the second does not. I can see the ISCSI storage server from the second when I go to adapter properties and dynamic discovery but what do I do from there? It also looks like all 3 of the actual datastores are under the static tab but i still don't have these avaiable as actual storage.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KamilAzmer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am working in an environment which has two identical servers. Both have the ISCI software storage adapter configured. The first server has all of the ISCSI datastores available while the second does not. I can see the ISCSI storage server from the second when I go to adapter properties and dynamic discovery but what do I do from there? It also looks like all 3 of the actual datastores are under the static tab but i still don't have these avaiable as actual storage.

Thanks..

I'm not sure what type of storage that you are using currently, But first, did you already configured your vmkernel for both hosts? If yes, then adding you iSCSI storage server IP to static discovery in iSCSI configured, add for both. Then from your iSCSI storage server, make sure mapping to both IQN vSphere Hosts.

Then Re-scan adapter from vSphere Client, and ensure that you able to see the LUNs number and creating new datastore.

@ -- visit my blog at http://www.azmer.my -- @ virtue your mind @ KamilAzmer
0 Kudos