VMware Cloud Community
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How many serial keys in an ESX 4?

How many serial keys can be added in an ESX Server in the tab Configuration > Licensed Features > Edit?

I just could add one, can be added more than one?

Thanks in advanced

Celia.-
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't have vCenter. It's standalone.

you will have to assign keys one at a time, through the configuration tab, licensed features edit. You have multiple standalone, or one? Each ESX(i) should only need a single key applied.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can add quite a few, however, if you go to vhttp://www.vmware.com/support/ go to the licensing portal, you can combine all the keys into on one and add that in.

CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. Where exactly? I'm looking at that page, but can't find this option

Celia.-
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

your PLA (Primary License Administrator) should have access to these keys, if you don't. Usually the keys are identified under whoever placed the order. If you know who your PLA is, ask them. If not, talk to your Sales Rep, or TAM.

Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also, from your vCenter Home go to licensing, the "Manage vSphere Licenses. There you can "enter new vSphere licenses", one per line

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'll try what you say, thanks a lot.

Celia.-
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will have to assign keys one at a time, through the configuration tab, licensed features edit. You have multiple standalone, or one? Each ESX(i) should only need a single key applied.

0 Kudos
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There was a problem with licenses, there is a server with 2 sockets and a single socket license key. So there was adquired another single socket license.

There is just one ESX server

Celia.-
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

makes sense!

0 Kudos