VMware Cloud Community
erusso008
Contributor
Contributor

How do I manage an existing server running ESXi 4.0 (free) ?

I have a server running ESXi 4.0 (free), I have been managing it using vSphere 4 from a Desktop running Windows Vista. That Desktop died and I am trying to find out what I can download now to manage it. I have minimal functionality through workstation

The internal web link from the server to install vSphere appears to have a corrupted zip/installer.

Any help appreciated. Would like to upgrade it to latest update some time but not at present

Elliot

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - That is odd I have not heard of that - I would recommend downloading the vcenter installation package as it also contains the vSphere client installation package -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
erusso008
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a free product to manage my free server ? I cannot find a link to download anything other than a trial

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

just download the trial - when you run the MSI one of the options should be to install the vSphere Client - vSphere client does not need a real license it relies upon the license of the ESi/vCenter host - whether it an actual license like the Free license or the evaluation license -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
erusso008
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that and I get an error when it tries to download/extract the support files from the esxi server itself ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>>> The internal web link from the server to install vSphere appears to have a corrupted zip/installer.

Please post the link to see whether the issue is with the package itself or an issue with downloading it from your PC (e.g. due to A/V)

André

0 Kudos