VMware Cloud Community
mpet
Contributor
Contributor

How can I modify default chart options in vSphere 4.1 so it applies on every virtual machine?

Hi,

I need to see CPU, disk and memory usage per week. But when I modify the chart options on VM then it is available only on that VM. I would like to make the view once and have it available on any VM in the datacenter (including VMs on other hosts). Is this possible somehow? How?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Walfordr
Expert
Expert

Are you using the Overview or Advanced Charts?

From the Overview charts you can view the stats for mulple VMs.  You have to select a Host or Resource Pool then Select Performance, Overview then Change the view to Virtual Machines or Host and Virtual Machines.

If you do this at the VM level it will only be availabe to that specific VM.  Even if you save a customized advanced chart it will only be for that VM.

I do not think that there is a better method but If you find one please update this thread.

Cheers,

Robert

Robert -- BSIT, VCP3/VCP4, A+, MCP (Wow I haven't updated my profile since 4.1 days) -- Please consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.
0 Kudos
Mackopes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'd like to do the same thing if anyone figures out how to do that (specifically for Host perf charts)

AK

0 Kudos