VMware Cloud Community
MEDCONN
Contributor
Contributor

How can I control my IBM RAID controller remotely?

I have a new IBM x3650 M3 with a ServeRAID M5014 controller. On my previous server, running ESX 3.0, I was able to install IBM ServeRAID software via an rpm from the console, and I could then monitor/control the RAID via the IBM java application from any remote machine with network access.

Under 4.1, I haven't so far found an equivalent....OK - I can see the "status" of the array and individual disks from the vSphere client under configuration | Health Status, but does not provide equivalent control functionality Smiley Sad Am I missing something, or has the move to the embedded hypervisor sacrificed this feature?

Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I
know there is the ServeRAID CD APPLICATION AND SUPPORT, I do not know
if it's supported to be installed specifically on VMware, I know it only
works when installed locally (Windows or Linux).
Remotely believe that only works if you have a third party software that collects information from hardware and send it to you.

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
MEDCONN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help, but what you have said (that there is a native IBM control application) is what I already said I know (and FYI - it DOES work remotely if the appropriate holes are opened in your firewall).

My quesiton therefore remains as before.....is there ANY way of doing this under vmware?

Dave

0 Kudos