VMware Cloud Community
rManic
Expert
Expert

Hosts consistently losing access to FC datastore -ESXi5.1 U1

the hosts are constantly losing access to the data stores for very brief periods. The event tab shows "lost access to volume XXXXXX due to connectivity issues" followed within a few seconds by "successfully restored access to volume XXXXXX following connectivity issues". The error is causing my virtual machines to freeze up.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards Manic
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I faced such an issue just a few days ago, and it looks like things became stable again after replacing a faulty SFP module which caused CRC errors.

In case of 8 GBit devices (on Brocade switches) you may also want to verify the Fill Word setting for the switch ports. It's recommended to set this to "3" for most devices. You may however first double-check whether it's supported by your devices.

André

rManic
Expert
Expert

The SAN switches are cisco MDS and storage is EMC VNX.

the issue was fixed while reboot all the esxi hosts in the cluster a week before .but same issue appears again now.

Regards Manic
0 Kudos
nui2011nui2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Man,

I meet the same issue with u, have u resolve it? Any solution for it? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
nui2011nui2011
Contributor
Contributor

I can not find any error message in CRC, is that mean CRC not open? But I can see many package dropped in some interface. Any advice? Thanks!

0 Kudos