VMware Cloud Community
DSRSAS
Contributor
Contributor

Host not responding after teaming the NiCs

Hello friends,

I am using Dell 710 Blades having 4 broadcom LOM 1 gig each and 2 FC Nic 10 Gig each, the blades are connected to the Power connect 6224 layer3 switch in the blade chassis.

At present I have one Vswitch connected to one 1 GIG LOM where there is a service console. When I try to add the additional nic to vswitch for load balancing then the ESX host stops responding and is not reachable, the only way out is to hardboot the Host.

But if I add the Nic in standby mode than it works. In short only one nic works at a time

Have anyone faced such issue

Regards

DSRSAS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

This sounds like a configuration issue on the second physical switch port. Please double check the settings and report back.

André

0 Kudos
MatthewHeap
Contributor
Contributor

Wouldnt it follow best practice to use active / passive on this management port. When testing if failover works on active/passive I would focus on getting active active working for your VM port groups and then revisit the MGMT ports. I'd expect André is right though that your port sharing on the switch is not configured correctly, but at least if you test this on VM port groups then you dont lose complete access to them as you have the remote console.

Regards

Matt

Regards Matt If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos