VMware Cloud Community
laykomdn
Contributor
Contributor

Host does not connect to datastore(LUN)

Hello

One host of my datacenter does not connect to datastore(LUN).

When i  "Add storage", list datastores is empty.

I connected to host via SSH and  typed "esxcfg-volume -l". But output was empty.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you please give us more info about your storage?

i.e if it is a FC or iSCSI storage or maybe local storage of the host and if you use storage networking or not,

I mean if you use SAN switch or not.

Cheers,

NetRock

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi laykomdn

Could you please be more specific,

You have SAN Switch or its connected directly.. have you configured the LUN to correct storage group at the SAN side, you can check if the Host is connected properly to this storage group.

0 Kudos
laykomdn
Contributor
Contributor

Storage - is SCSI disk. This disk is used multiple hosts.

SAN switch not use.

0 Kudos
nilesh56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi laykomdn

To help you, we would require more details of your hardware.

are you using chassis with DAS.

Did you try rescanning your Storage Adapters after exposing the LUN to that particular host.

Select Host >> Configuration >> Storage >> Rescan all

0 Kudos
JedwardsUSVA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If this is an FC LUN, then you will need to provide your SAN with the WWN for your HBAs.  Once that is done, "Rescan All" in the VIC and you should see the LUN.

If this is iSCSI, you need to ensure that your SAN and NICs on the ESX host are on the same VLAN/Subnet for each path you are setting up, that CHAP is setup properly if in use, etc.  Look up the documentation for your iSCSI storage.

If this is local storage in another server, then you need to do something serious reading, take a class, or just quit your job. Smiley Wink  j/k

0 Kudos