VMware Cloud Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host Recommendation

Since recently updating all 3 of my host to ESXi 4.1 anytime i try to power on a VM i get ask to choose what host to power it up on.  Is this something new?  Never got this in the past and i must say it is a bit annoying at times.  Is this an issue or can this be turned off somehow.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This occur because your DRS policy. Change the policy of DRS that solve it.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This occur because your DRS policy. Change the policy of DRS that solve it.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i guess i'm curious how that policy changed from teh upgrade?  Is this a default policy?

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

By default when you enable DRS the policy standard is - Fully automated with migration threshold medium.

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

0 Kudos
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I see that now.  Not sure now it got of of Fully Automated but it was on manual.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
klauzser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i just kept on ignoring this message when i updated my VM.. now it has been fixed.. thanks a lot..https://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vmware-cool.gif

0 Kudos