VMware Cloud Community
pan1268
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host Profiles - strange query

Hi ,

I have starnge query , well not sure it is achiveable. I have a hosts in a cluster and host profile atachehed to them. one day i noticed that profile compliance check has happened(not sure how- i belive this is due the nworks we installed in our environment) and all the host in that cluster has gone out of compliance. And, now I see on every host Summary page "Configuration  issues - host is not in complaince with the attached host profile". My question is how to get rid of this warning message from the summary tab of the esx host. I know one way to get rid of this message is to correct the problems and run the compliance checks again - easy all hosts in compliance again.  But if i don want to run the comnplaince check and also wanted to get rid of this message. I know it sounds bit strange but i have reason for doing this - i do not want to attach any profile to these hosts. Please advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you're just looking to remove the host profiles (and not use them any longer):

1. Note which host profile is attached to the cluster & hosts. Click on the cluster, then choose the "Profile Compliance" tab. The top area will contain information stating "Host Profile: ABC" where "ABC" is the name of the profile.

2. Click Home and choose "Host Profiles" under the Management section to see a list of all profiles in vCenter. Right click on the "ABC" profile found in step 1 and choose "Attach Host/Cluster". You will then see a window of all of the hosts and clusters with this profile attached. Select the cluster from the right panel "Attached Entities" and click the "Detach" button to remove them. You will be prompted to remove all related hosts.

This will effectively remove host profiles from your hosts.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Remove the existing Host Profile / compliance check and create a new Host Profile which is in  complaince with your revised environment.

Now set this as your reference host profile.

this way you continue to check for compliance with your current setup - so can still monitor changes to your environment

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you're just looking to remove the host profiles (and not use them any longer):

1. Note which host profile is attached to the cluster & hosts. Click on the cluster, then choose the "Profile Compliance" tab. The top area will contain information stating "Host Profile: ABC" where "ABC" is the name of the profile.

2. Click Home and choose "Host Profiles" under the Management section to see a list of all profiles in vCenter. Right click on the "ABC" profile found in step 1 and choose "Attach Host/Cluster". You will then see a window of all of the hosts and clusters with this profile attached. Select the cluster from the right panel "Attached Entities" and click the "Detach" button to remove them. You will be prompted to remove all related hosts.

This will effectively remove host profiles from your hosts.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos