VMware Cloud Community
GarethWasy
Contributor
Contributor

Host Profile Update / Create Error using IBM's ESX5.1 Build (ESXi-5.1.0-799733-IBM-20120919)

Hi

Found a problem creating Host Profiles against IBM Blades using IBMs ESXi 5.1 build ESXi-5.1.0-799733-IBM-20120919, when using this customization a auto generated standard virtual switch called "vSwitchUSB0" with vmkernel port group "IMM_Network0 is created, this switch causes a general system error when creating host profiles with the message "Invalid value chosen for standby Nics",

If your quick you can fix the problem for a short period by removing the Switch and generating the profile however after 60 seconds the customization automatically rebuilds the switch resulting in the host to become noncompliant,

This IBM feature is document at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1018919,

Regards

Gareth

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sssstew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting Gareth, i had this exact problem just now.  thanks for the link to the IBM doc and the hint to remove then quickly create the profile.

Strange how this wasnt an issue in the IBM customised 5.0 but is in 5.1..... hmmmm

Stew
0 Kudos
russ1a1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you GarethWasy for the info, this was exactly the issue and resolution for me.

0 Kudos
GarethWasy
Contributor
Contributor

Glad it’s helped took me ages to work out what was happening, this page has had over 300 people view it so I am guessing others have had the same issue.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos