VMware Cloud Community
kelvindp
Contributor
Contributor

Host License still enrolled even I already deleted on the hosts

Recently our two vCenter Server got crashed regarding the vpxd not running. Unable to connect to vcenter server, we create two new vCenter Server, and we also manage to assign the existing vCenter Server License to the new ones. But from hosts, we tried to remove license from the host, but it is still enrolled. I'm thinking that were connected from the existing PSC, maybe there's a way we can un-enroll the license from the hosts, so that we can reassign it again from the same hosts to the new vcenter server. The reason we want to remove the license, because we already reach the limit of cpu per host capacity. Instead, the required cpu license is decreasing when removing the license. It keeps adding up on the cpu capacity, that becomes insufficient license capacity.

Please see attached photo.

You can see that two host already enrolled, one is correctly assigned to the new vcenter server. the others are unassigned. We want again to assign the license to the hosts so that we can add the hosts from the new vcenter server.

Thank You for your reply

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
kelvindp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Vijay2027,

Thank you for your help. After I deleted the entries from Jxplorer, I removed the license key and add it again.

Regards.

Kelvin

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

Glad I could help!