VMware Cloud Community
iamphane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Host CPU Usage changed status from Yellow,green to Red

Hello ,

In my environment i am getting daily this alerts at same time time daily.there is no  backup jobs on any VM but still i am getting this alerts daily how to resolve this issue and alerts.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Check which guest(s) cause the high CPU usage by looking at the virtual machine tab of the host affected in the vSphere client. Sort it by the "Host CPU" column". Dig into these virtual machines then and check their task manager, which process causes such a high CPU load.

Maybe you have a problem, maybe it is normal and your host is too small to run the load.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
kooltechies
Expert
Expert

Apart from checking what is said earlier. you can also look at the Alarm definition and check if the Alam trigger is set too low for the CPU usage. You can adjust that accordingly.

Blog : http://thinkingloudoncloud.com || Twitter : @kooltechies || P.S : If you think that the answer is correct/helpful please consider rewarding points.
0 Kudos
iamphane
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Thanks for reply ,

My host has around 20 logical processors ,in that i have configured 35 VMs,All VMs vcpu count is around 70 , is this might be cause ,but some of the VMs cpu usage very less some VM's not using ,some VMs showing high USAGE.in this case how to resolve issue.when the host cpy metric usage value reach 85% i will get alarm Alert .

0 Kudos
heygokul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You could click on the top level instance in vcenter and then on the left navigate to alarms and make the modification to alert threshold values.

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Are the VMware tools installed in each guest?

How many cores does your host have and how many vCPUs have you assigned to your guests? Do all guests use multiprocessoring? If so, how many vCPUs do you assign to a guest by default?

Have you looked into the guests showing high utilization? Are there tasks which cause such a high load?

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos